How to migrate from a PC to Airmail on a Mac:
- Install Aid4Mail on your PC and convert your Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook (or other) files to the generic mbox format:
- Zip the mbox files and transfer them to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (compatible with both Mac and Windows)
- Move the mbox files to the Mac (wherever you want to put them) and unzip the files
- Open Apple Mail (according to the Airmail team you have to import the files to Apple Mail first)
- Go to "File"->"Import Mailboxes"
- Select the "Files in mbox format" option and click "Continue".
- Select your MBOX files in the next window and click "Continue".
- Make a local account by going to ‘Preferences > Accounts > +sign > Add Local Account.
- Go to "Preferences" > "Accounts" > [Local Account] > and choose "Load message".
- In the finder press, Command + Shift + G and enter ~/library/Mail
- Choose V4 and the subsequent path. Begin the import.
The last 4 steps are provided by the Airmail support team. You can read more about the process here: http://docs.airmailapp.com/airmail-for-mac/accounts/add-new-account-airmail-for-macos
If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us by raising a ticket.
If you would like to buy an Aid4Mail license, visit the Aid4Mail website.