While Aid4Mail does not process Microsoft Entourage’s native mail database stores, Aid4Mail does handle the MBOX file format that Entourage supports. Below are the instructions on how to export/import your mail with Aid4Mail and Microsoft Entourage.
How to migrate your mail from Entourage to a Windows email program
- Convert your Entourage mail folders to MBOX files. The simplest way to do this is to drag each folder of messages to the Mac desktop. Entourage will automatically create an MBOX file for each folder you drag-and drop to the desktop.
- Transfer your MBOX files from Mac to Windows. You can also copy your MBOX files to a CD, DVD, or USB drive, which Aid4Mail can then access from your Windows computer.
- Use the “Generic mailboxes” mail source option under the “Generic Mailbox Format” section to select your MBOX files and then choose the appropriate target email format when you reach the Target Format screen.
How to migrate your Windows email messages to Microsoft Entourage
- Open Aid4Mail on your Windows computer and convert your mail to the “mbox mailbox files” format, which is listed under the “Generic mail formats” section on the Target Format screen in Aid4Mail.
We recommend that you set the File name field on the Target Settings screen to “*.MBOX” (without the quotes), and set the “Target Line Format” option to “Macintosh (CR)”.
- Transfer the mbox files created by Aid4Mail to your Mac system.
- Use the Entourage import command to copy your emails into it (File / Import / Contacts or Messages from a text file / Import messages from an MBOX-format text file), or drag-and-drop the MBOX files to the Entourage folder window.
If you experience any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us by raising a ticket.
If you would like to buy an Aid4Mail license, visit the Aid4Mail website.