This issue could be due to one of the following reasons...
- Outlook for Windows is not installed on your system. If you don’t have Outlook, you can use Microsoft’s free 60 day trial of Office Outlook for Windows. Alternatively you can use their free standalone version of MAPI but note that it doesn’t support Unicode PST files (which may be used in Outlook 2003 and later versions).
- You are using the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010 or 2013. To resolve this, use the version of Aid4Mail which is compatible with Outlook 64-bit. You can download it here.
- You have an Outlook 2010 or 2013 Click-to-Run installation. If available, re-install without the Click-to-Run method.
- You are trying to access a Unicode PST file with a MAPI system that does not support the new format.
- You are trying to access a mail store that is write protected or has limited access rights.
- You have Outlook 98/2000 installed in Internet Mail Only Mode (IMO). Re-install in Corporate/WorkGroup mode.
- The MAPI profile details you provided were incorrect.
- You have installed Outlook but have not yet configured a default mail account.
- Your mail is on a remote computer that is not accessible.
- The mail file is empty.
- A third-party utility is interfering with Aid4Mail (synchronization software, backup, anti-virus, etc.).
If your version of Microsoft Outlook is older than Outlook 2003, this issue may occur because your copy of Outlook is not the default email client. In that case, see if temporarily setting it as the default client fixes the issue and restart Aid4Mail. To change the default email client, open the Internet Properties dialog box. This can be done either by right-clicking on the Internet Explorer program shortcut and selecting “Properties”, or by opening Internet Explorer and selecting “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. Then select the Programs tab, and select the “Microsoft Office Outlook” value in the field labeled E-mail.
If none of the above applies, see if rebooting your computer fixes the issue.
If you experience any issues please don't hesitate to contact us.